Moving right along. It’s now day 20 of the 31 day blog challenge. How is everyone doing? Today’s writing prompt is: What Do You Collect?
I’ve collected things on and off since I was a girl. My first collection started when we lived in San Diego, I was maybe 7 or 8. Every time my parents took us to Balboa Park we would visit a quant little shop that sold souvenirs. I can remember ascending the narrow staircase and along that staircase were small flags from all over the world. I was allowed to choose 1 flag each time we visited. Eventually, I had enough flags collected that my dad made me a display stand out of wood. I adored those flags, each so unique and I was proud to own them.
When my mom bought me my first scrapbook I would collect everything from napkins to maps from various parks we visited. I even saved my braces, and stitches, too. It’s all still tucked away in those old pages.
I eventually got into collected old stamps. I still have my entire stamp collection but I’m not to into any more. Hopefully one of my children will be interested in it one day.
Currently, I collected old and new copies of Wuthering Heights and Pride & Prejudice. I love stopping in old book stores and
smelling, I mean browsing for those two books. When I was in Virginia last summer I stopped in an old book store in Williamsburg and found a copy of Wuthering Heights, and Jane Eyre, a perfect box set, each book had amazing illustrations in it. I cherish that book and wonder what kind of life it had before I came upon it.
31 Day Blog Challenge – Daily Links to My Posts
- Day 1- Self-Portrait and 5 Random Facts about Yourself
- Day 2- Favorite Quote(s)
- Day 3- What Makes You Happy?
- Day 4- Favorite Childhood Memory
- Day 5- Favorite Movies You Never Get Sick Of Watching
- Day 6- Your Last Random Act of Kindness
- Day 7- Your Dream Job
- Day 8- Pet Peeves
- Day 9- Bucket List/Life List
- Day 10- Daily Routine
- Day 11- Last Book Read
- Day 12- Something You Miss
- Day 13- Regret
- Day 14- What’s on your iPod?
- Day 15- 10 Things that Make You Awesome
- Day 16- Biggest Accomplishment
- Day 17- Why & When Did You Start Blogging
- Day 18- Where I Feel The Happiest
- Day 19- 5 Blogs I Read on a Regular Basis
Now it’s time to link up Day 20! Visit some or all the other participating bloggers, have fun, leave comments, share, and make friends. Don’t forget to tweet using the hashtag #31daymarch